Last Name: Tsadilas
First name: Christos
Middle name: Dimitrios
Place of Birth: Larissa, Greece
Family status: Married with two children.
Work address: 1 Theophrastos street, 41335 Larissa, Greece.
Home address: 10 Theouraptou street, 41335 Larissa, Greece.
Tel. : Home: +302410615380
i. Bachelor in Agronomy, Agricultural University of Athens, 1975.
ii. Master of Science in Soil Survey, Evaluation and Hydrological Economy of Soils Agricultural University of Athens, 1986
iii. PhD in Soil Chemistry, Soil Fertility, Agricultural University of Athens, 1991
iv. Postdoc studies:
- University of Reading της Αγγλίας, Department of Soil Science, Soil Mineralogy Lab, 1996.
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. Agronomy Department, Soil Chemistry Lab. 1998.
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 2001.
v. Teaching experience under contract)
- Technological Educational Foundation of Larissa, Greece 199-2006.
- University of Thessaly, Volos, Greece
- University of Aegean, Lesvos, Greece
- Hellenic Agricultural Organization DEMETER, General Directorship of Agricultural Research, Institute of Soil Mapping and Classification, Larissa, Greece.
- Position: Director (until June 2018). At present: under contract.
- University of Thessaly, Larissa and Volos, Greece (for several years part time as invited professor in graduate and postgraduate courses).
- University of Aegean, Mitilini Lesvos, Greece (for two years part time as invited professor)
Scientific Objects / Interests
- Investigation of forms and availability of nutrients B, P, K, Fe, Zn, Cu, Mn, and potentially toxic elements Cd, Pb, Ni, V, As.
- Sorption capacity of soils of basic nutrients and metals.
- Amelioration of strongly acid soils by using soil amendments.
- Liquid and solid municipal and industrial wastes management in agriculture.
- Soil quality improvement of degraded soils by using zeolite, and industrial byproducts such as coal fly ash.
- Innovation transfer to Greece concerning sustainable system of soil and water management (Precision Agriculture).
1. University of Thessaly), Greece, under contract as invited professor. Teaching Soil Science.
2. University of Aegean, Mitilini, Lesvos, Greece. 2008-2009 under contract as invited professor at postgraduate level. Teaching Soil Science, Soil Pollution.
3. University of Thessaly, Volos, Greece. 2002-2003 under contract as invited professor at the postgraduate level. Teaching Soil Pollution, Improvement, and Management, Pathogen Soils, Improvement, and Management. Supervising of postgraduate theses. 8 theses at the postgraduate level on soil fertility and plant nutrition, soil quality, and waste management.
4. Supervising of postdoc studies:
- Dr. Alexander Ponizovski, Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow region, Russia. Research object: "Zeolite use to control lead release in the liquid phase of contaminated acid soils". 2000.
- Dr. Alexander Ponizovski, Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow region, Russia. Research object: "Kinetics of K+ and NH4+ retention and release in sandy soils". 2001.
- Associate Professor, Dr. Ekaterina Filcheva-Konisheva, N. Pouskarov Institute of Soil Science and Agroecology, Sofia Bulgaria. Research object: "A new approach for managing soil humus content in sustainable agriculture". 2000.
- Dr Vasilios Antoniadis, postdoc scholarhip of Foundation of Government Fellowships of Greece. Research object: Investigation of organic and inorganic fertilization on nitrate and phosphate ions in soil. 2004-2005
- Dr. Sabry Shaheen, Lecturer of the University of Tanta, Egypt (Soil Dept., Fac. of Agric., Tanta Univ., 33516-Kafr El-Sheikh, Egypt) postdoc fellowship of Foundation of Government Fellowships of Greece 2005-2006. Research object: Enrichment of Soils and Plants by Heavy Metals as Affected by the Type of Irrigation Waters and the Depositional Environments of the studied Soils.
- Dr. Sabry Shaheen, Lecturer of the University of Tanta, Egypt (Soil Dept., Fac. of Agric., Tanta Univ., 33516-Kafr El-Sheikh, Egypt) postdoc fellowship of Egyptian Government 2008-2009. Research object: "Utilization of municipal sewage sludge in the cultivation of aromatic and bioenergy plants".
International Cooperations through research projects of bilateral cooperations between Greece and foreign countries:
- Η.Π.Α.: USDA, Univeristy of Nebraska, University of Kentucky.
- Bulgaria: “N. Pouskarov” Soil Science Institute.
- Albania: Soil Science Institute of Albania.
- Russia: Institute of Physicochemical and Biological Problems of Soil Science, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- United Kingdtom: University of Reading, Soil Science Department.
- Polland: Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation. IUNG, Puławy, Poland.
- Romania: University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary, Medicine Iasi – Faculty of Agriculture.
- China: China University of Mining and Technology – Dept. of Resources Development, Beijing.
This last case is worthy to be emphasized. From 2002 upt to present we have developed a productive cooperation with the CUMT at Beijing through two bilateral projects (see appendix) within which we exchanged several visits in our institutions and experimental sites in both countries.
Participation in programs/studies :
- More than 30 competitive research projects, both national and European, as coordinator, scientific responsible, team leader or member of research team. Objects of the research carried out: soil nutrient management, waste management, water management, soil pollution and remediation.
- More than 30 non competitive projects funded by Municipalities, Ministry of Agriculture, private companies and agricultural association with objects related to agricultural management systems, waste management, application of new technologies.
- Research papers in referred journals included in Science Citation Index (102-Web of Science).
- Books (3)
- Chapters in books (16)
- Full papers in proceedings of of international conferences (19)
- Abstracts in International conferences
Science Citation Index (S.C.I.): About 3500
Scopus h-index: 27 (Scopus)
Participation in editorial boards
1. Associate Editor Environnemental Pollution, Elsevier.
2. Associate Editor Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 2008.
3. WFL Publisher – Science and Technology – AGRICULTURE.
4. Journal of Food Agriculture and Environment (JFAE).
5. Journal of Safety and Environment που εκδίδεται από το Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), Chinese Society for Environment Science(CSES), και China Occupational Safety and Health Association(COSHA).
6. College of Editorial Staff of the Scientific papers Journal, Agronomy Series of the Universityu of Agricultural and Veterinary Medicine “Ion Ionescu de la Brad”, Iasi, Romania, 2008.
7. Advances in Agriculture. Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Reviewer of papers submitted in scientific journals
1. Environmental Pollution, Elsevier (2) (IF 4.306).
2. Geoderma, Elsevier (2) (IF 3.349).
3. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems, Cambridge Journals (2) (IF 1.53).
4. Journal of Environmental Quality, Soil Science Society of America Publisher (1) (IF 2.694).
5. Bulletin Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Springer Publisher (2) (IF 1.960).
6. Environmental management (2) (IF 1.648).
7. Crops and Pasture Science (2) (IF 1.284).
8. Ecological Engineering (1) (IF 3.479).
9. Chemosphere (2) (IF 3.867).
10. Advances in Agriculture (2)
11. African Journal of Agricultural Research (2) (IF 0.263)
12. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture (2)
13. Archives of Environmental Protection (1) (IF 0.901)
14. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science (2) (IF 0.515)
15. Climatic Change (1) (IF 4.622)
16. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis (17) (IF 0.423)
17. Environmental Geochemistry and Health (1) (IF 2.573)
18. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia (1)
19. Journal of Environmental Management (6) (IF 3.850)
20. Environmental Sciences Group (1) (IF 2.465)
21. Pedosphere (1) (IF 1.735)
22. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies (2) (IF 0.600)
23. Urban Water Journal (1) (IF 0.905).
24. Agronomy Journal.
Participation in scientific associations
1. Hellenic Soil Science Society (President for about ten years)
2. Soil Science Society of America.
3. American Society of Agronomy.
4. Crop Science Society.
5. International Soil Science Society.
6. European Society of Agronomy.
7. Soil and Plant Analysis Council.
8. Ιinternational Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS).
9. International Society of Food, Agriculture and Environment.
10. European Society of Agricultural Engineers, 1997.
11. European Society for Soil Conservation από το 1999.
12. World Association of Soil and Water Conservation – WASWC, national delegate.